Conference Registration and Programme
The replaying conference is free to attend and is open to the public.
If you plan to attend, please fill the conference registration form.
The conference programme is available here.
Mr. Toru Kawakatsu
August 19, 10:40-12:00
- Representative of Independent Game Development Circle “Petit Depotto”
- 2015 April- Organizing Committee member of Game Academics & Industries Relationship Association (GAIRA)
- 2017 April- Research Fellow, Graduate School of Economics, Nagoya City University
- Master Pieces: “Unholy Heights”, “GNOSIA”.
Mr. Kawakatsu, formed the independent game development group “Petit Depotto” with four members and worked in development as a producer and director. Currently, he is teaching at universities and professional training colleges and working as a researcher at a university, practicing his research on innovation in small-scale development in indie game development and sales.
“Sustained topicality for the community created by the game design”
Fans’ deep affection for games and their expressive activities are becoming more and more important factors for companies aiming to expand their digital horizons globally and to increase continuous revenue and fan growth.
For this reason, game companies with financial resources plan and operate goods that interact with fans and the latest information using SNS, aiming to maintain and expand fans, which is not an easy task for indie development teams with small development budgets.
In this presentation, we will explore these challenges with the case study of “Gnosia,” not through funded activities, but through game design that sustains interest in fans.
Dr. Masaki Seki
August 20, 10:40-12:00
- Pediatric Psychiatrist (b. 1977)
- Designated Physician of Mental Health
- Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Board Certified Child Mental Health Medical Specialist
- Board Certified Member of the Japanese Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Seki Graduated in 2003 from the School of Medical Sciences at Fukui University. After working at Gifu University Hospital and the psychiatry department of Toki Municipal General Hospital, he has been practicing at Okute Hospital, in Mizunami City, Gifu, since 2007.
As pediatric psychology practitioner in the Tono area of Gifu prefecture, Dr. Seki has been working on the treatment of developmental disorders and school refusal. In parallel, he is also involved in community-based developmental disorder awareness and family support activities.
- Seki, M. & Sakamoto, M. (2022). Shonikai, Kakaritsukei ni Shitte Hoshii Hattatsu Shogai no Koto [What Pediatricians Should Know About Developmental Disorders]. Nanzando.
- Seki, M., & Takaoka, K. (2020). Hattatsu Shogai wo Meguru Sekai no Hanashi wo Shiyo: Yoku Aru 99 no Shitsumon to Kokonotsu no Koramu [Let’s Talk About the World of Developmental Disorders: 99 Frequently Asked Questions and 9 Columns]. (Vol. 26, Ser. Psycho Critique). Hihyosya.
- Okazaki, M. (ed.), Seki, M., Doi, S., Yamamoto, Y. (2019). Geemu no Yarisugi wo Shimpai Suru Toki: Tannaru Necchu? Soretomo Izon? [Worrying About Excessive Gaming: Simple Enthusiasm or Addiction?]. Japan Machinist.
Mr. Hirokazu Hamamura
August 20, 15:40-17:00
- Kadokawa Corporation, Senior Advisor for Digital Entertainment
- Japan Esports Union (JESU), Director
- Association of Media in Digital, DirectorMr. Hamamura has been involved in the comprehensive game magazine “Weekly Famitsu” since its first issue. After serving as editor-in-chief of the magazine, president of Enterbrain Inc. and managing director of KADOKAWA Corporation. He is currently working for the popularization and further growth and development of the game industry in Japan.